Direct superior approach
Direct superior approach
Dr. Frank Kolisek is an orthopedic surgeon specializing in the treatment of hip and knee arthritis. He uses both non-operative interventions as well as surgical reconstruction. He has been with OrthoIndy and OrthoIndy Hospital since 1999 and started his practice in Indianapolis in 1992.
Dr. Kolisek received his bachelor’s degree in chemistry from Wabash College in Crawfordsville, Indiana and his medical degree from the University of Illinois College of Medicine in Peoria, Illinois. Dr. Kolisek completed his residency in orthopedic surgery at the University of Florida Health Science Center in Jacksonville, and a one-year fellowship in arthritic reconstructive surgery of the hip and knee at Emory University and the Peachtree Orthopaedic Clinic in Atlanta, Georgia.
Dr. Kolisek served two, four-year terms as President of OrthoIndy from 2005 to 2012. He continues to give regional, national and international presentations on hip and knee arthroplasty and serves as faculty in various instructional courses. He conducts clinical research, serving as a principal investigator for several clinical studies and is involved in the design of hip and knee implants and instrumentation for muscle sparing surgical techniques. He is involved in computer-assisted and robotic surgery. He is well published in several peer-reviewed orthopedic journals.
• Becker’s Orthopaedic Review: 125 National Top Knee Surgeons, 2012
• Becker’s Orthopaedic Review: 70 National Outstanding Hip Surgeons and Specialists, 2011
• Arthritis Foundation of Indiana Honoree of the Year, 2010
• Indianapolis Monthly Top Doctors Orthopaedic Surgery, 2010 - 2015
• Top Doctors Orthopaedic Surgery, US News & World Report, 2011 and 2012
• American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
• Indiana Orthopaedic Society
• Indiana State Medical Society
• Mid-America Orthopaedic Society
• Indianapolis Medical Society
• American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
The information included on this website and the Find a Doctor database is for informational purposes only. No physician has been paid or received a fee to be included in the database. The “Find a Doctor” database does not include an exhaustive list of all physicians in a location and also does not include all physicians who use or have used Stryker’s products.
Stryker does not endorse, recommend or make a referral to any physician included in the “Find a Doctor” database. Stryker does not practice medicine; only a physician can answer your questions regarding your symptoms, diagnosis and treatment.
This website may provide links to other websites not affiliated with Stryker. Stryker is not responsible for the content of such other sites.